Wyoming...Why Not?

Travel log for our trip to Wyoming! Join us won't you?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oviedo, FL

I have been a Christian my entire life. I have never known what it is like not to know Jesus. I know that He makes life easier to live and brings value to our day to day living. I want to share this excitement with others.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Day 2: On our way to Thermopalis

We got up this morning and had the most wonderful breakfast in the world at our hotel. I had a Chai tea Latte the size of Harper's head, and it was wonderful. We highly recommend The Plains hotel to anyone planning on coming out to Cheyenne. The room is beautiful, the people are friendly and the rates are reasonable. It was very hard to leave, but leave we did.

We took off on our Great Adventure Day 2 around 9:00 A.M. I am not certain who says Wyoming is flat, but we saw a constant flow of rolling hills and mountains along our trek to the great town of Thermopalis. Now I will say, there are not many trees in Wyoming; therefore, we were able to look at things miles and miles away. It was beautiful. At first the girls were reluctant to "just appreciate nature" as oppose to playing there Gameboys, but soon they were pointing out things and remarking how beautiful everything was. They really wanted me to take a picture of everything. I hope everyone is prepared to be bored when we return home.

Anyway, today was our longest day on the road. Scott said that had we driven straight here without stopping it would take about 5 hours, but where would the fun be in that. We ended up taking about 4 side trips. The following is a list of each one with a short description of what we did:
1. Old car cemetary: We drove by this on our way and I insisted that Scott turn into the town so that we could stop and take pictures for Glenn. I have many. The girls loved it. They spent the time trying to find trucks that looked like Mater from the movie Cars. They actually found a few. It was great.

2. Ayers State Park and Natural Bridge: This was place Scott had a found searching the internet. It is beautiful and is the only natural bridge in the United States that has a stream running under it. It was pretty. We hiked up a little trail and walked across the bridge. It was great for the girls to see their Daddy in action and to have to trust him to guide them. We have some neat video here.

3. Hell's Half Acre: This was a middle of nowhere find that we drove past and turned around to stop and look at. It sure is nice not having an agenda and being able to do stuff like this. I can't explain it; you will just have to see the pictures. WOW!!!!

4. Stopping at the Wind River Gorge: We were in the middle of the mountains, pretty water, rocks, need I say more. The best part was along the way it had hailed and Scott found a stop where the girls could get out and touch it. It is the closest thing to snow that they have seen in a long time. It was priceless.

So now here are in Thermopalis. Population: 3700. It home of the largest mineral hot springs. There are several little water areas where you can enjoy the waters, so of course when in Thermopalis, do what the Thermopalinians do. . . slide do a sulfur smelling slide. It was amazing. The girls and a blast and both of them loved the 12 feet jumping board into the hot pool. It really was a day we will never forget.

We are now back at the hotel. The girls are passed out already and I am ready to do the same. We are on our way to Cody tomorrow where we are going to see our first rhodeo at the Cody Stampede. It should be interesting. I cannot believe it is only day 2. We have already had greater memories than we had anticipated. Harper and Torii both keep saying thank you over and over again. I think this may be a life changing experience for both of them. Torii is ready to move whenever we are. More tomorrow. . . Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home