Day 1: The Adventure begins
Well, here we are in the metroplis that is Cheyenne, Wyoming. Our adventure began at about 7:00 this morning as we caught our first flight to St.Louis. The girls did great and were amazed by the scenery. It sure is awesome seeing things through their eyes. Harper sat next to me on the plane and at one point looked at the clouds and decided it would be cool to step out and walk on them. It was wonderful. I wish I could say the same for our connecting flight into Denver. IT was a little plane and we felt all of the turbulance. Once again though, the girls did great. Oh to be young. (By the way, if there is anyone out there who truly suffers from motion sickiness as I do, Ginger tablets really help. Yeah!)
We got into Denver on time, and all of our luggage was here. (Thank you, Lord.) We got into our SUV rental car and were off to Casa Bonita for a little childhood remenicing. For those who are unfamiliar with this resteraunt, it is the "Chuck E.Cheese" of mexican food. It is completely themed out and has cliff divers, puppet shows, and a little spooky place called "Black Barts Cave." (Mom, they still have the flags.) The girls totally dug the entire thing until we went through the cave. Let's just put it this way, both of their heart rates increased greatly and neither were sad to see the end. Anyway, Casa Bonita, was a place where my (Kelli) family frequented when I was a little girl. It was everything I remembered and everyone had a great time.
Finally we inched our way to CHeyenne. Who says there isn't any traffic in the West? But wow, was the scenery beautiful. I love the mountains. They are so captivating. I feel like I am totally at home here. When we arrived, we felt as though we were entering a scene from an a movie with an old town. We are staying in a hotel called, "The Plains." It is almost a hundred years old and is so cozy. The room is huge with two queen size beds, and we are overlooking the town square. We did get a rare opportunity of visiting a former home of our friends Ed and Lisa. That is the house in which the girls are standing in front of. It was a real treat to get to drive around their old neighborhood. Oh to live in town where everybody knows your name. . .
So there you have it. Our day in nutshell. It was wonderful. Harper and Torii both have thanked us numerous times for bringing them here. I really feel like this is going to be a vacation of a lifetime. We miss you all. We are on our way to Thermopolis, home of the largest public hot springs, tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to find a connection to keep you informed.
God is good,
Kelli
Favorites:
Harper: The highlight of my day was. . .Hmmm. . . going to Casa Bonita. I really enjoyed breaking off the legs of the pinata.
Torii: Casa Bonita!!!!!! I really like the diving acts. They were exciting and incredible.
Scott: My favorite thing was Black Barts Cave. I really enjoyed the sounds of shrieking children.
Kelli: It was awesome being able to share a part of my childhood with my entire family. I will never forget it.
We got into Denver on time, and all of our luggage was here. (Thank you, Lord.) We got into our SUV rental car and were off to Casa Bonita for a little childhood remenicing. For those who are unfamiliar with this resteraunt, it is the "Chuck E.Cheese" of mexican food. It is completely themed out and has cliff divers, puppet shows, and a little spooky place called "Black Barts Cave." (Mom, they still have the flags.) The girls totally dug the entire thing until we went through the cave. Let's just put it this way, both of their heart rates increased greatly and neither were sad to see the end. Anyway, Casa Bonita, was a place where my (Kelli) family frequented when I was a little girl. It was everything I remembered and everyone had a great time.
Finally we inched our way to CHeyenne. Who says there isn't any traffic in the West? But wow, was the scenery beautiful. I love the mountains. They are so captivating. I feel like I am totally at home here. When we arrived, we felt as though we were entering a scene from an a movie with an old town. We are staying in a hotel called, "The Plains." It is almost a hundred years old and is so cozy. The room is huge with two queen size beds, and we are overlooking the town square. We did get a rare opportunity of visiting a former home of our friends Ed and Lisa. That is the house in which the girls are standing in front of. It was a real treat to get to drive around their old neighborhood. Oh to live in town where everybody knows your name. . .
So there you have it. Our day in nutshell. It was wonderful. Harper and Torii both have thanked us numerous times for bringing them here. I really feel like this is going to be a vacation of a lifetime. We miss you all. We are on our way to Thermopolis, home of the largest public hot springs, tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to find a connection to keep you informed.
God is good,
Kelli
Favorites:
Harper: The highlight of my day was. . .Hmmm. . . going to Casa Bonita. I really enjoyed breaking off the legs of the pinata.
Torii: Casa Bonita!!!!!! I really like the diving acts. They were exciting and incredible.
Scott: My favorite thing was Black Barts Cave. I really enjoyed the sounds of shrieking children.
Kelli: It was awesome being able to share a part of my childhood with my entire family. I will never forget it.

2 Comments:
Sounds like everything is going great. Glad the girls are enjoying it so much. Really enjoyed reading about your day. Thanks for doing this for everyone. Enjoy and stay safe. Love you all, Mommom & Poppop
Hey guys! I am sooo excited that you are having so much fun already!!
We went to Casa Bonita often as well.... what a fun place! You described it perfectly!! Chuck E Cheese of Mexican food! LOL
I am sooo excited that you were able to go our house... that is the house Josh grew up in... I had him there... well not there, on base but he came home to this house... : )
Call me if you want to see if we can trouble shoot the pictures. I will also e-mail you some info on sending the posts via e-mail to the Blog... this may help as well!
Stay safe, have fun and we love you guys!
God Bless,
Lisa and Ed (and Josh... he got aggrevated that I didn't put his name on the last comment to you!) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home